Thursday, March 2, 2017

Flaws and All: My 1st Love






"Sometimes I talk a little too much
Don't listen enough
Sometimes it's way too easy for me to beat myself up
Sometimes I hate the way I look when I look in the mirror
One look from you I know
My flaws
You love, you love my flaws
Think they make me beautiful
You don't see them as flaws at all
That's why
That's why, that's why I love you
Cause you are, you are the one who
The one who loves my flaws"


Those are the words of Kierra Sheard's Flaws and when I heard the words,  it was like I wrote those words.  Forever I didn't think much of me and now that my relationship with God is stronger than before, I am so in awe that this awesome, magnificent, beautiful, all knowing all powerful, loving, slow to anger, gives you peace in the middle of chaos, fight your battles, defend you, gives you grace and brand new mercies God, would love a person like myself. Someone who is so flawed, scary, doubtful, try to do things with my own power, HE LOVES ME THROUGH IT ALL. He loves me because He created Me in His Own Image. Because of that, I am powerful, I am strong, I am beautiful inside and out. I am creative, I am caring, I am slow to anger, I give grace, I show mercy. My strength is His JOY. He sees me as his daughter, his princess, his chosen one and  He saw me over 2000 years ago as someone worth fighting for and worth dying for.
HE LOVES ME THAT MUCH!

Image result for 1 corinthians 13

I was reading a devotion that caters to Singles and it was talking about 1 Corinthians 13.  It mentioned that 1 Corinthians 13 is the popular love chapter but it opened my eyes when the devotion mentioned about this chapter was talking about God. and I was like duhh Jeanine because we know that God IS love.Love is patient, love is kind, it does not boast, it does not get easily anger. All that is God.



I could go on and on and on about How God loves me but this one thing (another thing) I will say about Him is that He is PATIENT with me. He's patient with everyone but especially me. Just thinking all the times when I fell short or deliberately not spend time with Him because I wanted to do my own thing. He has always been there and has not loved me less. For that, God will always and forever be my 1st Love. 



P.S. Whoever this man of God that is coming to sweep me off my feet has no other choice but to come correct, because we are going to do this thang right! #GodlyDating #NoSexUntilMarriage #StayTuneForNextWeeksPost #NSUM










No comments:

Post a Comment