Monday, January 8, 2024

#Year20and1/2

 





I'm backkkk! From taking a break from my blog to write my book in 2018 . To publishing in 2022 because fear was holding me back and now I am BACK blogging. 

The title of this blog post is #Year20and1/2.  Almost 21 years of being single.....whew chile. Now let me get a little more specific; I have been counting the years of being NOT married. I am a single that has NEVER been married that one day soon wants to be married.  



Yes, after that break up with my ex in HS, I have had a share of relationships ( about 3 of them) and plenty of situationships/"Dear Guy Friends". 


Sidenote:  If you would scroll some ways back in my blog, you will discover what a "Dear Guy Friend" is.

 

Also, It's 2024, so everyone should know by now what a "situationship" is but those who don't know, it is the following; From https://www.choosingtherapy.com/situationship/ it shares the signs.                        



  Now, we got that out the way, let's get into why am I still counting? On the record, at a certain point, I did stop counting but with the blog and the book entitled "13 Years and Counting",  so let me just humor you a bit with my love life and counting. 


Just like everyone else, there is no perfect person but a sister had to keep her standards...after lowering them multiple times. I felt like throughout the years of my singleness and me wanting to be "found" by my godly husband, I found myself not allowing myself to find MYSELF. Meaning, I was so caught up in wanting to be a wife, to be someone's good thing, that I couldn't find Jeanine. I couldn't be my own good thing; loving myself, allowing myself to grow. However, I realize that that was my growing process. All of us have been through something right? RIGHT?! So those things that we either allow to happen or it was divine or was it all divine? hmmm.... but anyway, those pains and even our successes helped shaped us to who we are today.  

I've dealt with a lot of baggage of low-self concept; not believing in myself, not believing that I could be worth someone to love.

 Remember, I had some Daddy issues and those issues didn't get appropriately handle. He passed away when I was 6 years old. So I carried the weight of not feeling loved by a man although I not only had men in my life that showed me love but I have an Abba Father in Heaven that loves me so much that He gave his One and Only Son Jesus Christ to die for my sins and its now seated at the right hand of the Father making intercessions for me and you. his Love covers a multitude of sins. 

        


One second.... I need a praise break


I could go on and on but that will take up too much time.... okay one more. 



If it HAD NOT BEEN FOR THE LORD ON MY SIDE?!! I would be lost, in a ditch somewhere with my mind completely GONE. So I gotta give my God the praise! Somethings in my life could have took me out BUT GOD!

 

   But....you see me though?  How beautiful and radiant I look. Yes, that is a genuine smile. I am happy because I CHOOSE to be happy. I CHOOSE life. I CHOOSE...ME.  It is my second half of my 38th year and although those "somethings" have transpire 

S/O to my Sister Shonda with her hat collection!

Please check it out on the IG @Riverroadhats, she is doing her thing!

and got me in a very low place that I didn't imagined I would see myself again... I was able to pray through it and talk it out with my village and I got better. 


Sidenote: Jesus PLUS Therapy equals HEALING

There are plenty of websites and apps to get you some help. Let's be Free in 2024

Grow Therapy and Better Help just to name a couple.


Look how happy she is because she got Jesus and Therapy!

Go to her Esty shop and get you some merch!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1261509227/jesus-therapy-healing-t-shirt-christian

                                                                              



Here I am, on the 8th day of the first month of the new year starting my blog back up to encourage and inspire. Whether you are a single like me that wants the entire marriage life one day or you just stopped by to see what I am talking about, WELCOME!  I pray that my thoughts and stories will indeed inspire you to get ready for MORE in 2024. As my mother, my rock so eloquently said on December 31, 2023 "If we want more in 2024, we have to DO more" and as my Pastor said on Sunday (S/O to Kingdom Fellowship AME Church) "Its time to renegotiate"; renegotiate how we spend time with our Heavenly Father in prayer and seeking his face through his Word. We have to renegotiate our behaviors and habits that have not allowed us to elevate to our highest potential.  Here is the link for the sermon. It is worth listening to! https://www.youtube.com/live/dXegQbIjP2k?si=dJcRKLvbmPdft9JY


I pray that as you continue to journey with me on self-love, self-discovery and my growth in my relationship with God, that you also may discover something that will inspire you to be the best that you can be. 

Last last thing, please support a sister and go on Amazon.com to get you a copy and your friend and next door neighbor a copy. I am sure it will bless you. 

THE LINK!!!
https://a.co/d/2qztFBg

##Godhassomethinggreatinstoreforme  #InExpectation #2024isgoingtobeagoodyear #DoMore #Stretching #Elevation #Promotion  #HisWifeToBe  

No comments:

Post a Comment