Monday, August 27, 2018

An Overwatered Rose




Image result for relationships are like flowers



How do you know when you have overwatered a rose? 

Image result for rose bush overwatering1. They are wet and wilting.                                                
2. they have brown leaves.

 3. Edema. Small translucent, fluid-filled blisters...yuck. 

4. Yellow Falling leaves

 and 5. Root Rot. 



Those who are experts aka the Green Thumbers (yeah I said Thumbers) know that overwatering a rose or any plant can kill it.  Planting is a process. It takes time.  Even before you plant the seed, it is a process. Before planting whatever you want to plant, you have to do some research; what season would the plant best be sown? Can the plant sustain artificial lighting or does it have to be outdoors only? Where do you want to plant it at? 

All of these things have to be considered before planting your seed. Well, I didn't. I didn't consider the season and I didn't consider when the flower bloomed how often I should water it.  I was just excited to have something new in my life that I could possibly grow into a beautiful thing. I've actually been in this position before to prepare to plant and grow but didn't remember all the rules. 

When planting to seed, whether in a pot or the ground, you have to ensure that it has plenty of sunlight and properly water the timeline that you have to water it.  You don't stick your finger in the pot or ground to see if the seed is germinating, you just wait. You cannot force a seed to grow into a flower, it has to grow on its own terms. That's the natural way to do it. 

But when the flower does bud, you have a sense of accomplishment. You want it to be the best flower that it can possibly be. The requirement is to water the flower is once a week, maybe twice due to the heat.  
Image result for rose wilting gif

Summertime came and it got pretty hot, sometimes it felt overheated and what did I do to my beautiful roses? I kept watering them. I was overly attentive because I was afraid they will wilt and die.  I didn't allow it to breathe and let it soak up and enjoy the previous watering that I gave them, so they ended up dying anyway.

If you don't get it by now, I am not actually talking about a real rose, I am talking about a potential relationship that could have gone the route we thought it would go, or even just being great friends but because of the "overwatering" and not allowing things to flow and enjoy the growing process, it didn't work out. 


Image result for honesty key




It sounds like I am blaming myself on this and sometimes I do...No one isn't perfect, we all have our flaws. And things could have been better if both parties would have just sat down, heard each other out to understand each other's point of view. Effective communication is so important, like yeah. 


Image result for clueless gif


I mean hey, it has been 15 years since I've been in a real relationship. I'm an amateur at this, I was only a teen when I was in my first official relationship. Also, getting to know someone who has similar interests when it comes to relationships leading towards marriage and as an individual who believed that dating is solely for marriage (WRONG THINKING), you get caught up looking into the future, instead of ENJOYING THE MOMENT.  




Great times were had and great lessons were learned. I'm growing, slowly but surely. 


Notes to myself (and if anyone else is in my predicament):

1. Enjoy life as it is

2. Have Fun and Be Attentive 

3. Be in the Present

4. Learn from your Past

5. You're an Awesome Person


Image result for hugging self gif

2 comments:

  1. A hard but very neccessary lesson to learn. I am ever proud of you.

    ReplyDelete