Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Learned Lessons



For the past few days I have been thinking about this post title "Learned Lessons". I know, you are probably thinking "Lesson Learned" but the reason why I have it as Learned Lessons because I am going to share some of the lessons I have learned over the years and even recently.

One lesson I have learned and I have said it throughout the blog so far about me having a relationship in God.  I just heard tonight in church that it is difficult to obey God if you can't trust him. A lot of moments in my life, not just relational but with my finances and  plans that I know God has set out for me that I did not pursue because of the lack of faith in Him that I had.  It happens to a lot of us, if not all of us. Stepping out on faith 4 years ago to move down to Florida has tremendously helped me grow into the person I am today and I am still growing. Living on your own is not an easy thing to do. Thinking about my subbing days in Maryland, I was working at a Christian Academy at my church home and one day for my lunch break, I decided to go down stairs and sit in the sanctuary.  I heard God as clear as day, "Be a good steward".  I knew what that meant but with the lack of discipline of managing money, I struggle keeping funds in my savings and sometimes in my checking.  Now I am not saying this to make you all feel bad for me but this something I have learned and learning;  learning to trust God with EVERYTHING in my life, including my bank account. Knowing that He's my  SOURCE and whatever I need, he will give me the resources to fulfill those needs according to His riches and glory.


Another lesson I have learned is when God allows you to go through something and if you did not "pass" that moment in your life, it will definitely come back in full circle but just in another
environment and with other people.  It's like taking a prerequisite class in college but you end up failing that class and you HAVE to take it again and PASS it or you will not be able to graduate.
I clearly recall a situation in my life where I had a guy friend that was like a brother to me; we cracked jokes on each other, we hung out all times of the hour, told a few secrets, and we wrestled.
LADIES! If you are single and you are wanting to live a holy and righteous life, DO NOT WRESTLE WITH YOUR SINGLE GUY FRIEND. IT WILL TAKE YOU BOTH TO HELL! JUST KIDDING on the hell part, however, wrestling is basically the PG version of foreplay.  All that touching eventually will get you two to a place you weren't planning to go OR maybe you were but who's to know!  But what I do know and what I have experience, it is not the way to go.  It wasn't an "all the way" situation but it did take us to a place where I thought about the scripture in Matthew 18:6 "But if you cause one of these little ones who trusts in me to fall into sin, it would be better for you to have a large millstone tied around your neck and be drowned in the depths of the sea."


That scripture gripped my heart and as many of us, when we fall, we fall on our face to God and cry out to him SORRY LORD, I didn't mean it!....Wait a minute, But you did. you...sorry I...I was pushing that envelop and seeing how far I could go. (SMH) 

Side note: We HAVE to STOP putting ourselves in situations where we could get caught up! Not just with sexual sin but with being a good steward with your finances, not lying, not pretending be something that you are not, etc, etc. 


BACK to my 2nd lesson.  My friend and I took a long time to come back together and friends because we allowed our fleshly desires to consume us and even now our relationship wasn't the way it was before. Remember when I said about lessons that we didn't get the first time, that it will come back around to test us out again? Well a couple of years ago THE SAME situation happened; guy friend. like a brother. cracked jokes, shared stories, and we wrestled. This time, was a little more devastating because, I had a visit with the doctors to see if I was pregnant. Thankfully the test was negative but man ole man, something that could have been innocent, turned into something that I wouldn't have been ready for, even now I don't think I would be ready to be a mother, let alone a single parent. That friend and I are now cordial, however our friendship could have been great without what we have done. It took me the second time around with that lesson to recognize that I cannot allow the devil have a foothold (things that seem innocent) in none of my life.  

Letting the devil have a foothold could mean spending the night over your significant other's home, joking harshly to another person, and other things you can replace those two things I just listed.  The Enemy can use any situation and turn it bad but thanks be to God we have Him who will turn our bad situation and turn it for our good! TESTIMONY!

What lessons haven't you learned yet? Is it trust/lack of faith? Continuing to get into pointless relationships because you are lonely or bored? Is it getting into a financial bind because you are not managing your money properly? Is it lack of planning and not executing them because you have deemed yourself as a procrastinator?  Life and death is in the power of the tongue (Proverbs 18:21) and now it is the time to speak life over ALL your situations. We may not be where we want to be but if we continue to submit, surrender and sacrifice: submitting all of yourself to God, surrendering your plans for your life to Him, and sacrificing (deny yourself and take up your cross) so that you may do His Will.  

Last thing, SHOUT TO THE SINGLE MOTHERS! YOU GUYS ROCK! My mother  did an awesome job on me and my brother. 


No comments:

Post a Comment